It's really hard to believe that my time with the Office
Administration - Legal program at Conestoga is almost over. In these past two
years, with over 1,000 hours of class time, I have gained the knowledge that I
need for the next stage in my life. Of course there is still my placement that
will give me actual office experience, which makes me feel better about this
transition in my life.
Starting this Monday, I have been welcomed to work along
side the legal professionals at Clifton Kok in Ayr, Ontario. I am quite excited
about this field placement as both Michael Clifton and Mark Kok were very courteous
in my interview with them. During the interview I was able to get a better
understanding of how their law firm works. Mr. Kok explained that the reason
they have created, and kept to, a smaller sized firm is so that they can focus
on ensuring that the law clerks and legal assistants can succeed and have an exceptional
understanding of the legal work they are doing. Since this outlook focuses on individual
growth, it’s a really great environment to learn about how law firm’s work. Though
that doesn’t make me any less nervous about my first day there.
Megan - Thank you for posting about where you will be completing your placement. I look forward to reading your Week 1 posts and comments.
ReplyDelete